Ten Questions for Peter Straub:Winners Announced!
Thanks to everyone that sent in such thoughtful questions. It was difficult to narrow it down to ten.
The following people should expect their signed copies of A Dark Matter by Peter Straub soon!
- Chris P, Supply, NC
- Brent C, Brooklyn, NY
- Jerry F, Brainerd, MN
- Katherine M, Medford MA
- Carl L, Monroe, NY
- India R, Duck, WV
- Colin M, Lake Zurich, IL
- John K, Grand Rapids, MI
- Derek H, Tuam, Ireland
- Eric B, Hydeville, VT
-The questions and answers will be posted as an interview in February!
We have GREAT news for fans of aclaimed horror writer Peter Straub: A DARK MATTER, Straub's first novel in six years is being released next month on February 9th!
To celebrate, Mr. Straub has kindly consented to a fan-based "interview". He will answer ten questions and if one of those questions is YOURS, you will receive a free copy of A DARK MATTER before it hits your local book store!
How this works:
- Email your question to the following email address: PeterStraubInterview@chuckpalahniuk.net.
- Include your first and last name and your mailing address, along with your question.
- We will then choose the 10 questions that go to Mr. Straub and notify you if yours is chosen. You will be identified in the the interview by your first name and city.
- If the same, or a very similar question, is asked, we will either choose the one that was submitted first, or the one that is more grammatically correct and eloquent. So choose your questions and your words carefully!
- The cut-off date for questions is next Thursday, January 28th at 9:00 PM, Pacific Time.
Peter Straub has received numerous literary honors such as the Bram Stoker Award (several times), the World Fantasy Award, and International Horror Guild Award. He's prolific and amazing and writes some damn scary books!
Praise for A DARK MATTER
“Peter Straub's new novel is a terrifying story of innocents-high school students in the turbulent sixties-who stumble into horrors far beyond their understanding. A Dark Matter is populated with vivid, sympathetic characters, and driven by terrors both human and supernatural. It’s the kind of book that’s impossible to put down once it has been picked up. It kept me reading far into the night. Straub builds otherworldly terror without ever losing touch with his attractive cast of youngsters, who age beautifully. Put this one high on your list.”
"American master Peter Straub takes the sweep of our freaky history over the past forty years, subjects it to all the elegant gifts of madness and arts of haunting of which he is the wicked king, and finds himself in possession of a masterpiece."
- Michael Chabon, author of The Yiddish Policemen’s Union and Manhood for Amateurs
IMPORTANT: Do not post your questions for the interview in the comments section below!
Email them to PeterStraubInterview@chuckpalahniuk.net!