Craig Clevenger Returns for the last Shotgun Workshop Intensive for 2009!
Attention writers! Lock and load, because it's time to prowl the wasteland of procrastination and start collecting scalps. Translation: It's time to get serious about your writing. Here at The Cult, we do not rest until we're sure that every writer with potential that is reading this has taken that fateful plunge into improving their craft. We're relentless in this endeavor; to make you all better writers and to hopefully, get you published.
What started this year with Chuck Palahniuk reading and reviewing 6 stories every month for an upcoming anthology, has just evolved into another beastly arm of The Cult's writers' workshop... this one belonging to badass scribe Craig Clevenger!
Clevenger has joined us as the first visiting author for our new 'Authors in Residence' series. This is different from previous Master Intensive Workshops, as it is not lecture and homework based, but more of a classroom creative writing course... a two week 'Shotgun' Intensive to focus on the material that you, the student, are working on.
The July and September Shotguns garnered so much interest, enthusiasm and success that Craig has graciously agree to retun for one more in 2009. This class starts October 12 and ends October 26.
To ensure personal attention and an intimate classroom style setting, the Shotgun Intensives are limited to only 15 Students.
Furthermore, Craig wants you all to know exactly what you're in store for, so he has posted his Introduction for everyone to read beforehand. Please read the attachment at the end of this thread.
- Lectures are via conference calls on Wednesdays and Sundays. Times are TBA once we determine the time zones of all the students.
- Registration is open to anyone with an any degree of writing experience from novice writers to published authors.
- What's the cost for this opportunity to study with Craig Clevenger for two weeks in this intimate and personal Shotgun Intensive: It's only $250 with special discounts as always to our premium members.
*Premium members will receive a courtesy discount of $25.
- There is also an additional 'Early Bird' discount of $25 for registrations from today, September 28 through Midnight, September 30! (Pacific time, USA)
- Monday, October 5th: The October Shotgun Forum will open for viewing only so participants can read two essays by Craig Clevenger: 1) -Shit Happens and
- 2) -Story Forensics: A Checklist
- Thursday, October 8th: ALL workshop submissions for the course must be emailed to email@example.com. (Submissions may be up to 7000 words maximum and can consist of more than one piece as long as they don't exceed the total word count.)
- Monday, October 12: The Intensive opens on the forum for Introductions and review of each others work.
Lastly, remember to please post all questions you have about the class here, and we will answer them in a timely manner.