Members in a group have the ability to create varius topics. Each of the topic types are slighty different and and are described below.
- Group Page This topic type allows the member to create a simple page. This can include text, images or links.
- Blog Entry This topic type functions like the group page type, but with the added function of displaying on the member's blog home page.
- Poll This topic type allows the member to create a poll, which other group members can vote on.
When creating a content type, the member will have several things to complete.
- Choose a Category or Categories for the topic to belong to.
- Title the topic
- Enter the "Body" or content of the topic
- Choose the "Groups" the topic is displayed to. Members of multiple groups are allowed to post topics to multiple groups at once. This is also described as your "Audience"
- Choose if you wish the post to be "Public". Though most group topics will be private, you may have certain topics that you want non-members to be able to see. For instance, you may want to create a topic detailing why other members should join your group.
Once your topic has been created, other members are then able to comment on it.