Your generation in movie form
Mike brought up that someone had called The Social Network the movie of our generation (I know you disagree, Mike). Personally, I think Scott Pilgrim more closely fits the bill for many reasons:
1. The wham-bam speed of the jokes symbolizes how little of an attention span we have these days with constant instant gratification being an absolute must because of the internet.
2. It recognizes video games as being extremely integrated into our culture.
3. It has a lot of references to certain products of society that have stuck with our generation and are beloved by most of us (like Seinfeld).
4. It has that whole hero's journey thing going for it (so as some have said Star Wars was the film of a generation, I'm just including this as a parallel. I know a lot of movies have this, but what the hell, this movie does it really really well).
5. The music and fashions are iconic of our generation, for the most part, I think.
6. It makes fun of hipster trends that used to be cool, but have recently met a growing amount of criticism, if not flat out ridicule (veganism, emo music)
I'm sure a lot of you are gonna disagree, but I'd like to hear what you guys think is the movie that defines your/our generation, and why?
Si vis pacem, para bellum