ChuckPalahniuk.net is the official website of bestselling novelist Chuck Palahniuk. Chuck is author of the novels Fight Club, Survivor, Invisible Monsters, Choke, Lullaby, Diary, Haunted, Rant, Snuff, Pygmy, Tell-All, Damned and its forthcoming sequel Doomed (2013). He also has two non-fiction books, the Portland travel memoir Fugitives & Refugees and the collection of true stories, essays, and interviews, Stranger Than Fiction.
Created in 1999 by Dennis Widmyer, ChuckPalahniuk.net has since gone onto become one of the most important and popular author websites in the world, functioning not only as the ultimate resource for Chuck Palahniuk and his work, but also serving as a forum for up and coming writers to fine-tune their budding talent. Through a series of features including interviews, reviews, news and an expansive forum, ChuckPalahniuk.net functions as an official website with a fan spirit.
Over the years, ChuckPalahniuk.net
has stacked up a run of accomplishments:
- ChuckPalahniuk.net averages over 24,000 page views a day, from over 7,000 unique visitors. On an average month it receives over 700,000 page views from more than 155,000 unique visitors.
- Our official Facebook page has over 485,000 Likes; our Tumblr over 7,000followers, and our Twitter profile over 459,000 followers!
- ChuckPalahniuk.net has been featured, reviewed, and plugged in/on the likes of Rolling Stone, Poets & Writers, Newsweek, Time, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times, and the Guardian UK.
- Chuck Palahniuk was named as the second most popular author on the web by Google's Literati list.
- The Huffington Post named our Twitter profile @chuckpalahniuk as one of the top 50 Best Book People To Follow On Twitter.
- ChuckPalahniuk.net is known and registered as Chuck Palahniuk’s official website by almost every single search engine on the web. It has been listed on the back dust jacket of all of Chuck Palahniuk's books since 2001.
- In 2002, Chuck helped sponsor a Tshirt Raffle on ChuckPalahniuk.net whereby six winners were selected and had their names included in Chuck's 2003 novel Diary.
- Chuck's 2002 novel Lullaby is dedicated to Dennis Widmyer, creator and webmaster of ChuckPalahniuk.net. It is also dedicated to Amy Dalton, a close friend of his who he conceived the idea of the site with. Also, it's dedicated to Kevin Kolsch, with whom Dennis Widmyer and Josh Chaplinsky made their 2003 film Postcards from the Future: The Chuck Palahniuk Documentary with.
- Postcards from the Future: The Chuck Palahniuk Documentary was released in January 2004, but played in Portland, Oregon in December 2003 where it had its official premiere. Local press was on the scene, as well as Chuck himself, who gave a hysterical introduction for the film. Afterwards, the filmmakers were interviewed by the crowd, and the subsequent DVD of the documentary would later go onto receive rave reviews from the likes of Film Threat and Kevin Smith's Movie Poop Shoot; not to mention a slew of positive user ratings on the Internet Movie Database.
- Most recently, ChuckPalahniuk.net helped to sponsor a drive to send books to the troops on the front lines of Baghdad, Iraq. With the participation of 2nd Lt. Joshua D. Samuels, Dennis Widmyer and the site helped raise support for a library for the troops of Josh's barracks. This support reaches its way over to Chuck who purchased all the remaining stock of his 1996 novel Fight Club from publisher WW Norton, signed them, and had boxes of them sent overseas to Iraq.